Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sights and Sounds from the Camino!

Wow, there is so much to write about and so little time! The sisters here at Espiritu Santo in Carrion de las Cardes, Spain seem to mean business about bedtime.  We are sitting in the albergue courtyard using wifi and waiting for my clothes to dry. I have only 30 minutes...okay, less now because I just made another video of the storks!

We walked about 20 km today. Some of it was along a highway so we took an alternate scenic  route that was much nicer.
A bodega-wine cellar

 Curly leaves on a tree

 Views of the meseta
Cuckoo bird picture

Video with the sound of the cuckoo! 

And we heard frogs on our river walk. I wondered what kind they were and Emily told me they are "Spanish frogs"!

In the next video, taken in the courtyard and looking up to the steeple of the church, you can listen ( I hope) to the clicking sound made by storks!
  
And a few more pictures...
This statue is in the Espiritu Santo albergue courtyard.


We stayed here on Sunday-a Mother's Day treat in a hostal with our own room. Note the cool looking trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment