Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Another Crazy Camino Adventure!

Caballos! That's Spanish for horses. Today we had another very steep climb-the dreaded walk to O'Cebreio. To make it a little easier we decided to ride horses! Seriously!! I know my family will find it hard to believe. It was the first time on a horse for Mona (from Texas, and she never rode a horse) and me. It had been a while since Emily last rode a horse, but she was definitely more comfortable than we were. She definitely got a more lively horse! She even dared to pull put her camera for a few of the pics you will see next. It was a super experience that I may never do again. I was worried the whole time that the horse would do something that would put me in danger. Mona said she was able to relax a bit once she let the horse know she was the boss! We walked up a rocky, steep path with a deep ravine along one side for quite a bit of the way. Prior to that we walked on a road, but only one car passed us. The views were astounding, once again. We have a few more kilometers to walk uphill tomorrow so we're hoping to get some good pictures. The whole ride was about an hour and a half and I don't think I could have stayed on a minute longer. But I am so, so glad that I did it.

We were scared, but determined to ride.

Mona gets saddled up.


Snack time for horses!


My horse Carlotta!
Emily looked back and snapped this picture. I hope I can send more tomorrow,  but it's lights out and I want to publish this while we have wifi. Sweet dreams from Laguna de Castilla, Spain!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! About time you went horseback riding!! Didn't you have a pony at one time?? What an adventure of a lifetime for you doing this trip! So happy for you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a horse person either, but I have learned that they are incredibly agile and dependable on those narrow trails that seem impossible for an animal that size to navigate! Emily, remember our trail ride in Colorado along the narrow ridge...

    Even after all your walking, being astride a horse for qn hour or more must have left you all feeling a bit tender. And, what gorgeous mountain scenery you're finding now!

    ReplyDelete