Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Thank You from Mona

A heartfelt thank-you to everyone who prayed for my feet!!  With St. Joseph and St. James by my sides, I was able to complete the Camino and receive my Compostella!! One of the greatest joys of my life.

And another heartfelt thank-you to my fellow peregrinas, Francine and Emily, who shared this amazing, life-changing pilgrimage with me!!  And were so patient and so kind when I struggled.

And a thank-you to the cuckoo birds--who I heard almost everday along the way.  They were always a source of delight and encouragement.

And now I'm embarking on a new Camino--hopefully a healing one for my feet.  I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, as we thought, but also peripheral neuropathy and systemic inflammation.  On Monday I start a 9 week therapy program which sounds amazing and includes a "cold laser" 
treatment which I actually learned about in Spain.  Hopefully my feet will respond well and soon be ready to do many more kilometers!

Buen Camino--to everyone--on all your life's journeys!
☙                                              Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment